Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shampoo and Caviar

Running errands for condo owners awhile ago, I was in an area of town I'm not quite familiar with. Anytime I'm in a new area I find myself reading every imaginable sign until I'm on overload! You might think I'm crazy, but it's exhausting to go to a new city just because of all the new signs! You think I'm kidding, but it's true. I don't wanna miss a thing!



Trying to take in all the signage in this unfamiliar part of town, there was one that caught my eye. It read "Shampoo and Caviar". Interesting concept, isn't it? Bringing the finest to the simplest. Bringing the extraordinary to the ordinary. Shampoo is definitely not extravagant, but caviar certainly is.



I thought of how it's the same with me (and you!) and Jesus. I'm nothing more than a simple, ordinary shampoo. Jesus on the other hand is the finest, most extraordinary caviar. No one would've put the two of us together or even imagined the caviar would want to be associated with the shampoo. No one would've assumed that we even belong in the same sentence, much less on the same sign.



Thank you Jesus for being this shampoo's caviar.

No comments: