Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Amarillo by mornin'

Our journey began on Sunday morning at 7 a.m. Not a bad start...left on time, only had to run back for forgotten items once, and the kids were fighting...good start!

We had only been on the road for twenty minutes when Luka broke into the "snack bag". She just couldn't wait to dig through all the snacks I packed and see what "goodies" she could find.

We made it to Amarillo by about 6:30 and stayed in a Days Inn (that I "pricelined"). Not too bad for the price, but we were bumping into each other it was so small. We ate a late supper at Cracker Barrel (blech...lousy waitress, but we had fun!)

Later that night, Luka and DiMarco had a great time in the pool. I took pictures, but all I had was my phone and I can't post those here.

After a quick breakfast, we were on the road around 7:30 a.m. Off to Colorado!!

No comments: