Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Am Tired

For the past few days I've been dealing with mindblowing exhaustion. It's not the exhaustion that comes from "doing" too much or running myself ragged, but rather the exhaustion that comes from CIDP. It's an inexplicable feeling, but one many can relate to. Exhaustion/severe fatigue is a symptom of many chronic illnesses. Mine tends to manifest itself more as weakness, but this month fatigue has reared it's ugly head.



I'm not talking about "I need to take a quick nap" type of exhaustion. I'm talking about "Crawl into a corner anywhere" type of exhaustion. Every step requires concentration and determination. Chewing becomes a nuisance and it's easier to skip meals. Driving kids to school is difficult because it's hard to hold down the pedals for an extended period of time. Walking becomes a planned event.



THAT'S the type of exhaustion I'm referring to. It's just the way things are. It's just a fact of life for me and for many others. So what can we do to live with this? The three suggestions below are just a few I'm going to focus on today.



Surviving exhaustion/fatigue:



1. Meditate on God's Word. Mt. 11:28-30 is already running through my mind this morning and will be the promise I focus on today.



2. Pray. I keep a constant conversation going with God on days like these (and many other days!). I talk to him about everything and listen for Him to talk to me.



3. Watch encouraging tv/movies. When I'm too weak to hold a book or the laptop, I turn on the tv and find an encouraging show to watch. Redbox is a great inexpensive way to keep movies on hand for days like this.



Please let me know if I can encourage you today. I would love to pray for you by name.

With Hope,

Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can so relate. That is how I'm feeling today!! Let's keep each other in prayer.