Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 4: Your Secret Place

Yesterday we talked about how important it is to stay "in touch" with God, to spend time connecting with Him. It's important to find a place for this connection, as well. So, where do you connect with God? Where do you seek Him and wait for Him to show up?

When my kids were younger, my private moments of connection with God were nowhere NEAR PRIVATE! Praying while changing diapers, feeding babies, watching Little Bear and Blue's Clues were my only time before pouring my exhausted body into bed at night.

Then when they were a little older, my time with God was in the living room after everyone was in bed asleep with a cup of coffee. I had many late, late nights back then!

During another season of my life, my kitchen table was my secret place with God where I could spread out my Bibles, study books and highlighters, etc. after the kids had gone to school.

Now that I'm working full time, my time with God is early in the wee hours of the morning and before going to bed at night. My place isn't quite as "ideal" as it used to me, but it's still special...just me and God. Only now there's a few more interruptions, but it works for me.

Where is your secret place? If you're not sure, spend some time finding a special place that works for you in the season of life you're in right now. Remember, it doesn't look the same for everyone. All that matters is that you "have" a place to meet with Him. A place to find hope when you're thanking Him for the many blessings in your life or crying out in desperation.

Where is your secret place where hope overflows from filling yourself up with God?

With HOPE,
Kristen

No comments: