Friday, October 1, 2010

Hope

After being diagnosed with Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy over 13 years ago, HOPE was the last thing from my mind! I was too sick to feel hopeful about anything! Until one day...I hit rock bottom. No really, rock bottom. I fell apart. It was the lowest time in my life and continues to be one of the strongest emotions I've ever experienced. I've never felt such despair and agony in my life. I must've been in that shower for over an hour...just crying my eyes out, pouring my heart out to God, screaming at Him, asking Him "Why? What did I do to deserve this?"





Have you ever felt such despair? Ever been through an experience where HOPE was nowhere in sight? I'm sure you have...we ALL have. If you've never cried out to God with your despair, I challenge you to do that today. It's the first step to a life of RADICAL HOPE. Spend some time in the book of Job (chapters 29-31) and read how Job cried out to God, how he wrestled with his despair and the goodness of God. Then, don't be afraid to cry out to God yourself.





We'll talk more about this tomorrow...get a good night's sleep!





With HOPE,


Kristen

No comments: