Thursday, August 21, 2008

Treatment Day

I was just sitting here thinking that I can honestly say my life is never DULL. I seem to go from one adventure to another and life never gets boring! Today was no exception. **sigh**

My IVIG infusion was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. and Randy was right on time as usual! She's such a doll! Everything went off without a hitch except I completely forgot my premeds. Oops! Not to worry, Randy reminded me. Then while putting the needle in, my vein rolled. That hasn't happened in about ten years! Luckily I didn't feel any pain because the numbness is pretty strong in my arms right now. Did I just say the words "lucky" and "numbness" in the same sentence? Anyway, Randy was a pro and got me hooked up without incident. Luka actually watched this time without saying "Gross!" In fact, she was very brave and patted me on the back through the whole process. She usually isn't interested at all, unlike Ellen when she was Luka's age who watched everything from start to finish and asked a million questions. DiMarco is seriously repulsed by the needle and usually stays occupied in another room. Today was a different story for him. He's been throwing up since early this morning and hasn't had a bite to eat all day. He drank a bit of Sprite, but even that didn't stay down. Bless his heart, now he's dry heaving.

Just think...all this in one day! If you're squeamish, my house is not the place to be right now. Poor Chris! When he gets home, I can promise you he'll run for the hills! Wimp!

Even with the yuck of today I am filled with refreshing hope! I hope you're having a wonderful day!
Kristen


3 comments:

DA Wagners said...

You are such a role-model to me to not allow my health to dictate my spiritual state. Thank you for your strength!!!

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Kristen,
I'm glad you're treatments went okay. You have such a great attitude and I hope Dimarco is feeling better.

Hugz Lorie

Unknown said...

Kristen Reyna.

Refreshing Hope.

Sounds the same to me.....