Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's Here! It's Here!

It's a glorious time of year, isn't it? After all, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back! That's right! Head on down to Starbucks and check out my favorite "comfort" drink. It's just a beautiful thing. Makes me want to turn off the AC and open the windows. Oh wait...it's still South Texas and we can't quite do that yet. But I can still pretend it's fall.

Enough of my Fall-weather-people envy for now! I'm hosting a small group in my home each week which kicks off tomorrow. Twelve sweet ladies will join me in a Becky Tirabassi study called "Let Prayer Change Your Life". Can't wait! Becky will be the guest speaker at the Living the Life Conference and I'm thrilled to get to meet her in person. If you haven't already purchased your ticket, this is an event you won't want to miss. Check out www.livingthelifecc.com for more info or email me.

I hate to admit I'm a little nervous about having 12 women in my home every week. I have friends over for coffee all the time, but I'm not the best housekeeper. Let's face it...with chronic illness you have to pick your battles and keeping a clean house is low on my list. I have clean floors and clean bathrooms. Anything else I need to worry about? We'll be doing the study in my living room, but I'm curious...What's the number one thing you notice when you walk into someone's home? Is it the dust on the furniture, dirty dishes in the sink or do you notice the smell of a great candle or clean mirrors? Help me make my priority list to prepare for my sweet friends. Thanks!

With hope,
Kristen


6 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Kristen,

Praise the Lord ! you sound so excited, I know you will have a blessed time with the ladies. I always held ladies bible studies and prayer in my home sometimes up to a year. I just created a cozy type setting in the living room , and had some tea, coffee, light snacks maybe some little pastries or vegetable tray. but you know their favorite was the lemon lime water in a Punchbowl with ice.
I put ice and refreshing water in a punchbowl and cut slices of lime and lemon. You'll do great!!

Oh and you can do a little ice breaker . if you to Creative Ladies Ministries. they have a lot of good tips.

Hugz Lorie

Joyfulsister said...

Kristen, here is the link..
http://www.creativeladiesministry.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kris, good post. When I go to someone's house for the first time, I take in the overall decor....how the home is built, how spacious it is, how it's decorated, if it's airy or stuffy, etc. I like houses with a homey, lived-in feel. Places where you can be yourself and comfortable. You know, clean but liveable...not like a museum where you can't touch anything and you can't relax for fear of accidentally breaking something or leaving an indentation in the plastic that's covering the furniture, egh!

DA Wagners said...

Isn't fall awesome?! Mild weather, football, holidays and Bible studies!!! What could be better?! May God bless your Bible study!

Anonymous said...

fist is smell!!!

then what is on the floor, thats what i see, then i look up and see everything else lol, i know its a little late but it was fun to write this lol.

xoxo Courtney

Unknown said...

1. Pour a little Pine-Sol in the toilet bowl furthest from the living room.

2. Leave the vacuum out in plain sight (must be plugged in).

3. Place "Get Well" cards on the mantle.

4. Smudge a little flour on your face and hair, and explain that you just got back from an emergency trip to the vet, hospital, sick friend or homeless shelter.

5. Invest in a nice cross stitch sampler -- "Dust Is A Protective Covering For Furniture".

Choose any three. Save the others for next time.