Friday, April 18, 2008

Part Two

I forgot to take my pre-meds which consist of Tagamet and Benadryl before Randy started the iv. She reminded me just a few minutes after we got started, so I took them a little late. My blood pressure was lower than usual when we started this time. I think it was around 94 over 60. Unusual for me. I didn't have a good vein other than my right antecubital (google "antecubital") so it was hard to type as we went along. We did the 10 gram bottle first and about half way through it stopped running in. Somehow the tubing got kinked and started leaking. It only took a second to fix it and we completed that bottle. We did one of the 20 gram bottles next and this one went in without any complications at all. The last 20 gram bottle went in a little slower in order to tytrate down toward the end of the infusion. Chris brought home lunch for me and about thirty minutes after I ate, we were done!

My stomach's a bit upset and I'm drowsy from the Benadryl so I'm going to rest until time to pick up the kids from school.

I'll post more later.

No comments: