Thursday, February 7, 2008

Britney Spears

I've been incredibly saddened by the life of Britney Spears lately. (Crazy thing to post about, I know.) I just feel so sorry for her. Her life seems so out of control and she seems so helpless. I guess no matter how much money we have or don't have, no matter how successful or unsuccessful we are in life, deep down we're all alike. We all have our own secrets and our own struggles. Britney's struggles look different than mine, but we both have them. You have your own secrets and your own struggles. My life with CIDP is no more challenging than the secrets and struggles you battle with or the struggles Britney battles with. They just look different. I'm reminded that God knows every single hair on my head (Matthew 10:30). If He knows the number of hairs on my head, surely He knows how my joints ache and I that can't feel my feet today. Surely He knows the torment in Britney's confused mind. Surely he knows the secrets and the struggles in your life. I'm comforted by His knowledge of every aspect of my life. If He cares about the number of hairs on my head, surely He cares about the rest of me! I pray you're experiencing the same comfort I feel tonight.

No comments: